Out of State Winery Application

In lieu of the required small winery certificate, you will need to provide Badger State Winery Cooperative with a copy of your (MN) Farm Winery License or equivellant state license, along with an affidavit of wine production of less than 25,000 gallons. 

All out of state wineries must comply with Wisconsin State Law for direct shipment of wine.  Forms and information can be found at http://revenue.wi.gov/forms/excise/index-b.html.  


Any person who ships distilled spirits and/or wine into Wisconsin must obtain an out-of-state shipper’s permit. If you sell, ship, or invoice liquor products into Wisconsin from more than one location, you must obtain a separate permit for each location. You must submit a separate application for each location from which you will be selling or shipping liquor into Wisconsin as well as the location from which invoices are issued for such sales or shipments. 


Information, forms, and assistance are available at Wisconsin Dept of Revenue office:

E-mail: excise@revenue.wi.gov
(608) 261-6435
FAX (608) 261-7049

or write to:

Excise Tax Section 6-107
PO Box 8900
Madison WI 53708-8900 

© Badger State Winery Cooperative 2014